Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random Bits of Nothingness Volume 2

I have writers block.

Let me rephrase. I have writers block for anything lengthy and cohesive. If you’re looking for disjointed garbled bits of content then I’m your gal.

Garbled Bit #1
The source of my block can be directly attributed to the stress I am feeling over my RENG 151 Research Paper writing course. 4 credits and $1252 dollars closer to that elusive bachelors degree. The angst of trying to select a topic, narrow it sufficiently, research it, write it, edit it and then pull together a cited works page AND an annotated bibliography in 7 weeks is staggering. Then toss in some random literary analysis of a Henry James novella (BO-ring) and I’m frankly surprised I can burble out any sentences at all.

Henry James. That’s a snooze fest. Literary analysis? Cripes! Frankly I think Henry James just wrote a story (a BO-ring story). End of discussion. Right? WRONG! All these over-puffed literary wanna-bes spent hours picking apart every word only to conclude the Governess didn’t really see ghosts but she is self-projecting her wanton latent sexually repressed self. Okay. Whatever. I’m not exactly sure how that conclusion was made. Smile and nod. Smile and nod.

Garbled Bit #2
Because my luck isn’t bad enough I am prone to regular reoccurring leg cramps during what should be peaceful slumber. Instead I have peaceful slumber punctuated by blistering pain of phenomenal proportions. I have had both labor pains and a kidney stone which both hurt like a bugger. A Charlie horse is tantamount to torture. Knee dropping, writhing, teeth clenching pain. Not discomfort. Pain. Owie. My calf is still sore.


Garbled Bit #3
Bonzai is still sporting a lampshade. But his nether-regions are healing nicely and we should only have one more week of lampshade fashion. Hurray for all.

Garbled Bit #4
I’ve finally, finally, finally gotten to a point where I can feed all three cats the same diet. This seems like it would be a no brainer. The rest of the world feeds their cats Purina Cat Chow. My cats on the other hand, as evidence by mention of vet bills in previous blogs, all required a special diet (read expensive). This of course led to feeding woes (yup – that’s already part of another blog). Now it’s one diet for all. This of course does nothing to eliminate their perception that what’s in the other dish is better then what's in their dish. Cue cake walk music. Musical feeding dishes. It still cracks me up.

Garbled Bit #5
Attaching a picture of Boomer. He’s a naughty counter jumper. Bad kitty. But he does know how to relax and is especially fond of splaying out spread-eagled underneath the ceiling fan. He likes to air out his naughty bits. Either that or he's dreaming he's part of a bank heist. Reach for the sky.



Garbled Bit #6
The painter is finally coming. Yay. Of course I am not ready despite knowing about this paint job for 3 full months. I have managed to procrastinate removing the stuff off the capped closet and wiping up what I am sure is at least an inch of dust. So guess who had to race home this afternoon to take care of it. I am frankly giddy at the prospect of a freshly painted house. That’s completely lame. I’ve turned into one of those weird psycho people that gets excited about new bathroom towels, a front loading washing machine and new paint. “L” is for loser.

And so far I've retrieved 6 glitter kitty pom pom toys...2 from under the sofa and 4 from under the chair. We haven't even moved the fridge and stove yet. I'm sure it will be the motherlode...

Garbled Bit #7 (Last one I promise)
I applied for my first real craft show in Madison. Terrifying! What if I don’t get accepted? Worse yet…what if I do? Then I need to scramble about booth displays and fatten up my inventory. Upon casual glance around my office it looks like tye dye threw up so it appears I have inventory-a-plenty but I’m having big grandiose ideas of new items. Dresses and union suits and rompers, oh my. Then what if I make all this new stuff and sell nothing? Then I’ll have a gazillion tye dye rompers. What the heck do I do with that? What if I sell out. URGH! I could make myself crazy with this.

Time to wrap up this cohesive bit of nothingness and get cracking on that research paper. And Henry James awaits. Lucky me.

No comments: