Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Boy Girl Party

My 11 year old son received his first invitation to a "boy-girl" party tonight. My husband and I stood in the kitchen exchanging smirks over his reaction to the invite. Intrigued at the prospect of an end of summer s'more party that goes until 1opm but more concerned over whether his friend Alex would be there. Clearly he is not nearly as interested in the "girl" angle of this party as the girls are to have boys there. At least not yet.

This is my first blog. I am a blog novice. A newbie. A virgin if you will. I'm popping the blog cherry. I like to write. I have been told I am good at it but faced with the seemingly monumental task of impressing the entire blog universe with pithy dialogue and witty reparte, I fear failure. I've been having alot of that lately. Fear of failure. And a whole lot of crash and burn syndrome. More on that at some other time. I am intrigued if not wholeheartedly excited about the the prospect of blogging and putting my thoughts into cosmic space. But for now I am tired and out of pithy dialogue. My day starts insanely early and therefore by this hour I am surprised if I can string together a complete sentence.

So off to bed a little relieved that my son hasn't discovered girls....yet.

S.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooohhhhh! I get to be your first comment!!!!

A boy/girl party at 11? My husband has my girls under lock and key until they're 21 and then he's sending them to a convent.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

LOL at TKW!

I was sent here via tkw.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Good job! I have a 12 year old girl...I feel your pain.