Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This and That

Really icky quiz last night in Science class that consisted of diagramming all the parts of a Continental Glacier. And how will I utilize this information in my life? Oh, I won’t…unless another ice age comes around, but everyone keeps howling about Global Warming so it is highly improbable I will ever use this information. That’s $1200 well spent.

It rained last night. Rained and rained and rained and rained. We are in desperate need of rain. My lawn is extra tasty crispy brown dried up crunchy grass. Rain is good except now it is super humid and the air smells like worms. Am I never happy? Apparently not.

I made my first sale on Etsy (insert happy dance here). If you’re just tuning in I make tye dyes for kids. And I’m not a hippy. Not that hippies are bad (they are not) – I am not just not one. On most days I am a reasonably normal (I said reasonably not totally) human working a day job and attempting to flex my creative muscle by knocking out a few shirts in between going to school, raising a son, feeding 3 cats, exchanging grunts with my spouse in lieu of real conversation and stepping over a lot of clutter. I’ve sold bunches of tye dyes to family, friend and other random acquaintances but this is my first website random stranger sale. I feel validated. Somewhere in the world a person (in Switzerland no less) was willing to plunk down hard earned dollars for one of my shirts. Who knew?

At some point I need to figure out the post a picture thing on this site but haven’t sat down yet to muscle through it. Soon I hope.

Lastly – thanks to TKW and all the bloggers from her site that have been so gracious to welcome me to blogdom. I am appreciative, really I am.

1 comment:

Scottsdale Girl said...

Make sure the pic is on your computer (in a file) then click on the icon that looks like um Mountains? Mebbe? anyway roll yer cursor over the tool bar on a post and it should say Picture click it and then browse for your pic. Upload and VOILA!