Friday, August 24, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I am dedicating this blog to guilty pleasures. I am in a guilty pleasure frame of mind. As soon as I am done with this blog I am driving right to Culvers to get a Turtle Sundae with extra pecans. It’s been a helluva week. It started off with three solid days of corporate schmooze. The wine and dine. The smiling and nodding. The rich use of corporate buzzwords like “adjacencies, table stakes, strategies, go-forward basis and holistically.”

For example:

Offering XYZ feature is tablestakes. We need to look at the adjacencies that our product can branch into from a holistic perspective on a go-forward basis and then define our strategy.”

I wish I was kidding. I am not.

Onto Guilty Pleasures. These are my Top 10 in no particular order. I have way more then 10 guilty pleasures. I have about 100 but in order to preserve space and some shards of my integrity I have limited it to 10…

Soft pretzels and the fake cheese (I love the fake cheese)

The movie Center Stage (horrible acting but I have to watch it EVERY time it’s on….it’s being TiVo’d as I write this so I can watch it later with my turtle sundae)

Fried cheese curds, mini donuts, cotton candy at from The Middleton Good Neighborfest (which is THIS WEEKEND!) Yippee

Black boots. I have like 12 pairs. Or is that considered an obsession?

KFC – extra tasty krispy with coleslaw and mashed potatoes. Yum.

Reading the Personal in the Isthmus Paper (Example: I saw you in the produce aisle. You, cute, jeans, red sweater. Me, leather jacket, blue scarf. We smiled. Want to pick out melons together?)

Antique Trunks. I am a bit of a trunk ‘ho. I can’t help it. Is it wrong to have one in every room? My new favorite site is
www.eagletrunks.com


Venti Ice Caramel Macchiato. I love the big globs of caramel that sink to the bottom and get sucked up through the straw.


Flannel pajamas. I have a few pairs that are upwards of a dozen years but I can’t part with them.


PB&J on white squish bread.

And you?

Off to Culvers. I didn’t add that one to the list. I figured it was obvious You know. Tablestakes.

No comments: